Designed by UK agency Dalziel & Pow and London-based Your Studio, the 4,230 sq ft space in London’s Westfield shopping mall boasts a sweep of notable features:
- Interactive Storefront: A digital shopfront displays ever-changing content, including new product launches, in-store events and an AR concierge: scanning a QR code activates a cartoonish avatar who explains the concept and invites people in for coffee.
- Digital Spa: Supporting online wellbeing, a digital spa reframes tech as a non-stressor. An ‘immersive sensory room’ features visitor-selectable projections of naturescapes (forest, ocean and cosmic) accessible by a QR code, and headphone-guided meditations themed on happiness and energy, motivation and focus, and calm and connection. Another QR code unleashes a digital wellness avatar coach who shares tips on embracing one’s relationship with technology.
See also Wellness-Centred Retail: Spaces & Services.
- Gaming Zone & The Stage Events Forum: Enticing younger consumers (see Urban Gatherings: Micro-Leisure Booms in Global Store Openings: Summer 2023 Trends), a free gaming hub is equipped with best-in-class gaming consoles, rigs and racing simulators.
Flexible space The Stage facilitates tech learning via skills workshops and interactive product showcases. First up is Samsung’s racing car simulator (until July 9 2023).
- Co-Working Lounge & Device Repairs Base Camp: The Base Camp comes with sofas, workbenches, complimentary drinks and two hour device repairs.
- Connected Home: A ‘connected home digital tool’ lets visitors build their own smart home systems, covering the living room (superfast broadband), kitchen (connected cooking appliances) and home office (online security and remote working). Products can be wish-listed in consumers’ online profiles by scanning an on-screen QR code. See also Omni-Chanel Retail: Upgrades & Innovations.