Published 17 February 2011
Recently unveiled in Paris, European luxury brand Hermès new furniture line Hermès Maison is to feature re-releases of iconic pieces designed in 1924 by late French interior designer Jean-Michel Frank.
Hermès Maison Collection
- Among the collection is the Confortable armchair with its elegant, cubic form and deep cushions.
- A straw-marquetry screen, shagreen-covered vanity table and X-base dining table are other Frank pieces to be re-introduced.
- Soft furnishings presented by Hermès include sumptuous velvet and silk cushions, co-ordinating furnishing fabrics with highly detailed embroidery, and thick floor coverings and rugs in rich, deep colours.
- Wall coverings with subtle, repeat prints echo the minimal and elegant lines of the furniture.
- The exclusive furniture collection Jean-Michel Frank par Hermès will be launching in April 2011 in US stores.